we started in Potlatch, drove South to Lewiston....
This is looking down at Lewiston from the top of the grade, this shows the old highway, that's the one we took, talk about a loopy drive! It makes me appreciate the new grade!
This is a trestle bridge, called Lawyer BridgeNext we stopped at a wolf education center, outside of Winchester. We saw a few wolves, but the pictures didn't turn out well, through the fence. :( The door was hand carved, there was another one with mountains and a full view of a wolf, pretty cool!

Then we went to Grangeville to see the Mastodon, pretty cool as well! They found it in Tolo Lake, which is near Grangeville.
We stopped by Orofino and saw the Dworshak Dam, then drove to the top to see that as well. It was really hot that day, so seeing all the water, but not being in it, didn't help!!
This is the North end of Dworshak Reservoir. We took a back road to Elk River, it was only supposed to be 33 miles, but they were a looooong 33 miles!!! Very pretty though!
Then we had to cross the longest suspension bridge in Idaho to get to Elk River, we'll have to go camping here sometime, well, not here exactly! but near here, it was really pretty! Then we had dinner at Elk River and some soft Huckleberry Ice Cream, of course and I thought we were headed home, but when we got to the turn off from Deary, I asked where Laird Park is (a campground that Clint's parents used to host at) so we drove there and had a look THEN came home! We were exhausted! But it was nice to see some of Idaho. Clint wants to take a drive to Elk City, Idaho, sometime, he said it caters to lots of outdoor activities. We passed the turn off, but it's another 60 miles after that, and only one way in...unless you have 4wheel drive and there is no snow! So we'll save that for another trip!!Tomorrow, we're off to Heise Hot Springs (I think that's the name!) near Idaho Falls, for a family reunion with my dad and Pam and all of their assorted children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. From there, Chinell and I are going to go to Worland to visit for a week or so! I'll have my camera, so I'll be sure and post pictures when I get back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment